Copyright © 2009 lalalovely web design
1. This agreement is an addendum and part of the rental agreement between Owner and Resident.
2. New rules and regulations or amendments to these rules may be adopted by Owner upon giving 30 days notice in writing. These rules and any changes or amendments have a legitimate purpose and are not intended to be arbitrary or work as a substantial modification of resident rights. They will not be unequally enforced. Resident is responsible for the conduct of guests and the adherence to these rules and regulations at all times.
II. Noise and Conduct
1. Residents shall not make or allow any disturbing noises in the unit by Resident, family, or guests, nor permit anything by such persons which will interfere with the rights, comforts, or conveniences of other persons.
2. All musical instruments, television sets, stereos, radios, etc., are to be played at a volume which will not disturb other persons.
3. The activities and conduct of Resident, resident’s and guests, outside of the unit on the common grounds, parking areas, or any recreation facilities must be reasonable at all times and not annoy or disturb other persons.
4. No lounging, visiting, or loud talking, that may be disturbing to other residents will be allowed in the common areas between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
5. No Resident shall keep, maintain, or allow to remain on the premises for a period in excess of seven (7) days, any non-working, inoperable, or non-functioning vehicle of any kind. The parties agree that the presence of any such vehicle on the premises for a period in excess of seven (7) days shall constitute a nuisance, in which case the vehicle shall be towed from the premises at the resident’s expense. All vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas only. Any vehicle parked in a non-designated parking area will be immediately towed at the expense of the resident.
III. Cleanliness and Trash
1. The unit must be kept clean, sanitary, and free from objectionable odors.
2. Residents shall assist management in keeping the outside and common areas clean. Trash bags will not be placed outside the front or back doors of the residence at any time. Garbage will not be left on the patio/balconies.
3. No littering of papers, cigarette butts, or trash is allowed.
4. No trash or other materials may be accumulated which will cause a hazard or be in violation of any health, fire, or safety ordinance or regulation.
5. Garbage is to be placed inside the containers provided and lids should not be slammed. Garbage should not be allowed to accumulate and should be placed in the outside containers on a daily basis. Items too large to fit in the trash containers should be placed neatly near the container.
6. Furniture must be kept inside the unit. Unsightly items must be kept out of vision.
7. Articles are not to be left in the hallways or other common areas. Clothing, curtains, rugs, etc., shall not be shaken or hung outside of any window, ledge, or balcony.
1. All doors must be locked during absence of the Resident.
2. All appliances must be turned off before leaving the unit.
3. When leaving for an extended period, resident shall notify management how long resident will be away.
4. If someone is to enter resident’s unit during resident's absence, resident shall give management permission beforehand to let any person in the unit and/or provide the name of person or company entering.
5. Smoking in bed is prohibited.
6. The use or storage of gasoline, cleaning solvent, or other combustibles in the unit is prohibited.
7. The use of charcoal barbecues is prohibited unless consent is obtained from the owner.
8. No personal belongings, including bicycles, play equipment, or other items may be placed in the halls, stairways or about the building.
V. Maintenance, Repairs, and Alterations
1. If the unit is supplied with smoke detection device(s) upon occupancy, it shall be the responsibility of the resident to regularly test the detector(s) to ensure that the device(s) is (are) in operable condition. The resident will inform management immediately, in writing, of any defect, malfunction, or failure of such smoke detector(s). Resident is responsible to replace smoke detector batteries, if any, as needed unless otherwise provided by law.
2. Resident shall advise management, in writing, of any items requiring repair (dripping faucets, light switches, etc.). Notification should be immediate in an emergency or for normal problems within business hours. Repair requests should be made as soon as the defect is noted.
3. Service requests should not be made to maintenance people or other such personnel.
4. Costs of repair or clearance of stoppages in waste pipes or drains, water pipes, or plumbing fixtures caused by resident negligence or improper usage are the responsibility of the resident. Payment for corrective action must be paid by resident on demand.
5. No alterations or improvements shall be made by resident without the consent of management. Any article attached to the woodwork, walls, floors or ceilings shall be the sole responsibility of the resident. Resident shall be liable for any repairs necessary during or after residency to restore premises to the original condition. Glue or tape shall not be used to affix pictures or decorations.
VI. Pet Guidelines
1. Resident(s) agrees to comply with:
a) Health and Safety Code
b) All other applicable governmental laws and regulations.
2. Resident(s) agrees that the Pet or Pets are quiet and "housebroken" and will not cause any damage or annoy other residents.
3. Resident(s) agrees that the Pet will not be permitted outside the Resident's unit, unless restrained by a leash.
4. If the Pet is a cat, resident(s) must provide and maintain an appropriate litter box.
5. If a bird, the bird shall not be let out of their cage.
6. No Pet shall be fed on unprotected carpeting within the rental unit. Resident(s) shall prevent any fleas or other infestation of the rental unit or other property of Owner and reimburse owner any necessary remediation efforts.
7. Resident(s) shall not permit the pet to cause any damage, discomfort, annoyance, nuisance or in any way to inconvenience, or cause complaints, from any other Resident(s). Any "mess" created within the unit or common area by the Pet shall immediately be cleaned up Resident(s).
8. Resident(s) shall be liable to Owner for all damages or expenses incurred by or in connection with said Pet, and shall hold Owner harmless for any and all damages or costs in connection with said Pet and shall hold Owner harmless for same.